DIZZY BLONDE

Welcome to my blog

Saturday 14 August 2010

Using a Sketch Challenge

I have spent the week making cards for people and then uploading them. I belong to the Docrafters site and I have a little gallery on there. Then look in the general gallery and think Ohmigod! Some people are so talented. They have the same sketch and come up with the most amazing creations. There are times when I wish I had won the lottery so that I could spend the time just craft making!!! An awful waste of money when there are some many with problems I know, but we all like to fantasise.

My cousin told me once that to be rally good at something you had to dedicate 10 years to it!!! In 10 years time I'll be lucky to be able to take the lid off the glue stick let alone cut things out!!

I tried one of the Sketch challenges and tried to kill two birds with one stone and use the card as my Friendship Swap card. A few months ago I fell upon the LOTV site and bought loads of their stamps, mainly Christmas but also one of a small girl dressed up pouring tea. As I only drink water or tea I have a soft spot of tea-like things!


This gave me a chance to really try hard with my Promarkers and get them to blend and be able to show shadow etc. Being clever -or so I thought- I then put the image through a spellbinder circle die and tried to emboss it like they did on Create and Craft earlier in the day!!! On the first I missed a leg off and on the second she had an open topped hat!!!!! in the end I did the honorable thing and simply matted it on green card!!!!!!
Other cards i made yesterday were for a family friend who is 60 today, not knowing his interests I went for a simple masculine papered stepper card with birthday balloons. I added metallic -like scrabble tiles to spell out the sentiment which just added something.


The third card I made was for my Husband's friend. He is a motorbike fanatic. On this I cheated a bit by buying a die-cut pyramige image of a bike.
Using my promarkers I drew a road down the centre of the card. What I didn't realise was that the promarkers soak through the card hence I had to back the inside of the card!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment