DIZZY BLONDE

Welcome to my blog

Monday 16 August 2010

Challenges

Hi

Had some time yesterday afternoon and decided to make a card for some of the challenges that are around. Being the summer holidays and the weather not being great it has given me a chance to have a go at some blog cards.

I have just purchased some Pink Gem stamps and decided to use one of the images to make a card for both their new challenge and one on http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/. It must have been late or I was being true to my name - Dizzy Blonde but I sat for hours trying to get a diamond around the design and still get it to fit on the card. I have just checked on some of the design team cards all I can say is what a bozo! People just stuck the image -cutout- on top of a piece of diamond shaped card. Do you know they allow me to teach as well!!!!!!!!!!

The one on Christmascardchallenges asked to you used a border punch. Well I don't have one so had to improvise and make my own using a punch I had. Anyway the end product looks like this:




It gave me chance to use my promarkers again and also an embossing folder with the cuttlebug. In fact I got so involved in making it I forgot the time and we were going out for a meal for my husbands birthday, with tow other couples. The three men all have their birthdays within a week of each other. So being harassed at the lack of time I then hit the 'I have nothing that fits me any more situation.' Bless him my husband then replies well we''ll just buy some new clothes. You know when you are in that spiral - or maybe its just me- the reply he received was ' I am not buy clothes that are a bigger size etc etc!!!' In all honesty he was in a no-win situation.

I resorted to a huge blouse and a big cardy and off we went the situation got worse as one of the Ladies , who you would mark absent if she turned sidewards then proceeded to say she wasn't having a starter as she needed to lose weight!!!! In the end we had a great evening. the best duck starter I have had for ages. Justified it to myself in that duck fat is the kindest kind of fat you could eat!!

7 comments:

  1. Gogeous card. love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, fab colours and adorable image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! So glad you joined us for this weeks Christmas card challenge. Hope you'll play along again soon!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card...Lovely papers and a great take on the sketch...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge....
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Christmas card & you did a great job with the sketch :)

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Tracey x
    (Special Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absoloutley gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your creation with my sketch...I love it! Thanks for entering 'A Gem Of A challenge! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete