DIZZY BLONDE

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Sugar Nellie DT Challenge

Over at The Sugar Bowl they are looking for new Sugar Sweeties - DT members. Working on the principle nothing ventured nothing gained and not necessarily on talent I thought I would have a go to take my mind off things at the moment.

You are provided with a sketch and a stipulation that it must have a Sugar Nellie image and you are able to make a new card a week uploading it on to an up to date blog.



So I have tried.


I don't have many Sugar Nellie stamps but the one I have and love is the Wish stamp.


I made a square card from red card.

This was matted with ivory pearlescent / sparkly card.

On top of this I matted two pieces of red velvet patterned paper i got from a paper of scrap papers you can often buy from shops. I thought the pattern and colour would give the fell of Christmas.


The image was stamped using memento ink and coloured using Promarkers.
Though you can't really see I did the background using the Straw yellow Aquamarker.

I double matted it first on silver card then gold.

To make the wings and the 'wish' to stand out I highlighted them with a Sakura 700 Clear star pen ( fast becoming a favourite of mine)

the three stars proved most challenging as i don't have a big star punch. So I punched 3 'star-like' shapes from the pearlescent card mounted them on gold mirri card that had been cut and embossed from the 'Blossom' spellbinders. They are attached using red star brads.

The sentiment seem apt. I stamped it with clear ink and embossed in gold. It was first matted on red card and then onto another 'blossom' die cut shape that had been cut and embossed in a cuttlebug.

I am really disappointed with the light as it is difficult to see the colours properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment