DIZZY BLONDE

Welcome to my blog

Sunday 19 September 2010

Alternative Santa

The ABC Christmas challenge this time is for a S -Santa not Green!! This gave me a chance to use the digi-stamps from Clipartfairy and the OpenOffice programme to see if I could get a different coloured santa in a size and colour i could make a card with.

I am still 'playing' with the OpenOffice but as a Dizzy Blonde get it to do something and I get so excited I forget to write down how I did it and then have to keep retrying to do it again!!!!!!!
I managed the purple Santa in a size I wanted. The original I printed out is just under A4 size so one thinks a little too big.


Once I had the image then I needed the papers etc. So I married this with Lorreta's Monday Challenge on DOcrafts which was a sketch with a stamped/printed sentiment direct onto the paper. The sketch she provided looked like the bp had been ripped so I gave it a try!!!! Let's just say there is a lot of waste paper lying on the floor next to me.
Originally I stamped the greeting from an old See-Dos set i had using clearing embossing ink and holographic powder but for some reason it looked even just than the greeting on there now. So before heating I scrapped it off and used a quickie pen and glamour dust to write my own greeting.

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous card :-) you really made me laugh with the not green santa lol :-) he does look fab in purple :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Santa card, Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge hugs Samantha :0)

    Please turn off word verification you maybe will get more people comment :0)you will certainly make it easier for us all to visit and comment thanks Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I love your use of the Santa Challenge! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge!! We will have a new one tomorrow, we hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete