DIZZY BLONDE

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday 3 November 2010

One for the Boys An anniversary

What a busy two weeks!! Finally made it to Geneva last week for a couple of days to stay with family. We had tried at May half term only to have the plane delayed for half an hour, an hour, three hours and then cancelled with the statement we can get you out by Wednesday. Since we were only staying until Thursday it seemed pointless. This time we were more fortunate. Not sure the bank manager would see it that way as it is sooooooooooo expensive. My husband started with the early stages of Man Flu whilst out there. He said he would get some Strepsills from the Pharmacy. He returned moments later looking slightly vexed. I asked had he not managed to get some to which he replied oh they had them only I am not prepared to pay £10 for a box!!!




The area is absolutely gorgeous and if it wasn't for the cost I would live there.


When i returned i had to make some cards quickly. On Monday it was my anniversary. I was married on my birthday. There was method in my madness as if he forgot either then there was a whole year to pay!!! Having reminded him I forgot to organise myself. In the end I made a card using digi images from The Cutting Cafe.



The challenge was the centre of the ring. It looked too sparse when a complete circle so I had to try to die cut a circle for the centre and another around the central sentiment. After three attempts I got it positioned probably. Using mu Nellie Snellen die to matt it on I chose blue and brown as masculine colours. So the flowers don't look too out of place. The strip across the middle was done using a punch along both sides of a strip of paper. I keep meaning to treat myself to a 'posh' punch like a Martha Stewart but can't justify the price at the moment as I can do things like this with my own little punch.

I have decided to enter it into the following challenges:

http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ One for the Boys

http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ One for men or boys

http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/ For a boy or a man


5 comments:

  1. Great card for a man for your anniversary :-) Thanks for joining in this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card...fab DP. Thanksa for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Hope you had a lovely anniversary and birthday! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the simplicity of it to. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx
    Can you please turn of your word verification as its a real pain when commenting on cards, youll find it in your comments heading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! Thanks for playing along at Papertake Weekly.

    ReplyDelete